San Francisco Bay Summer Sailstice Photo Treasure Hunt
Grab your camera and sail the Bay with the YRA (Yacht Racing Association) and PICYA (Pacific Interclub Yachting Association). Collect the best photos from the list below and you could be the Bay Area Summer Sailstice Treasure Hunt Winner!
How it works!
Make sure you RSVP here. Then set sail on the weekend of June 19 and 20 and take the list of photos provided below. Try to get as many of the shots as you can.
You can participate in the San Francisco Summer Sailstice 2021 Photo Treasure Hunt in either of the three ways below:
Post to Instagram or Facebook one or more of these photos using the hashtags: #summersailstice and #sailsticephotohunt and tag @summersailstice (you must tag us so we see the post!)
Post all of your entries to Instagram stories with the hashtag #sailsticephotohunt and tag us @summersailstice
Email all of your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 2021 SF Bay Photo Treasure Hunt
The person who gets the most shots on the list will get a prize, and the person who gets the best, most creative shots will also be a winner! Have fun out there!
We will ALSO be keeping an eye out for the “creativity winner,” meaning the most “out there” submission of the day will win a secret prize.
#summersailstice and #sailsticephotohunt
To assure that the photos are taken specifically for this event, please include a winch handle in every shot.
Photo Treasure Hunt
There’s no start or finish time or location. You can take the photos listed below in any order you choose!
CDC guidelines say fresh air, vaccinated, outdoors is ‘mask-optional’ but you can wear one for ‘old times sake’ when shooting the shots below:
1. Video of raising your sails to add to the video compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmRXvNe7I3o
2. Your crew ‘leaning on the Salesforce tower’
3. Your crew in their favorite sailing swag - branded gear, Latitude 38 hat or t-shirt, Summer Sailstice hat or t-shirt, yacht club logowear, America’s Cup swag or ?
4. Pass by Chrissy Field and give a wave to a kite, windsurfer, wing sailor foiling on the Bay.
5. Crew sailing downwind with main and jib set wing-on-wing. Watch for the jibe!
6. Capture a whale spouting/diving in the Bay!
7. Shot as you race in the YRA Summer Series Race #3 starting at Southampton Shoals at 11:55. Not racing? Shot with the racers going by in the background - keep your distance.
8. Standing tall with a Tallship - the Matthew Turner, Seaward, Freda B or other classic on the Bay.
9. Fish a piece of trash out of the Bay and get a photo of the operation. Be sure to hang on tight and recycle it when you're done with your shot.
10. Do the hula in front of one of your favorite Pacific islands - Alameda, Yerba Buena, Red Rock, Angel, the Brothers or ?
11. Your crew dancing (video works) to Hard Rock at Harding Rock.
12. Photo with a salute with any yacht club in the background.
Remember to RSVP here: https://summersailstice.com/event/san-francisco-bay-photo-treasure-hunt
The Summer Sailstice celebration of sailing is committed to a great day of sailing as we unite with sailors around the world. We all look forward to seeing you #raiseyoursails, snap your photos, wave and thank the Coast Guard and simply enjoy the day responsibly in accordance with circumstances as they exist on June 19, 2021.
Sailors participate in this event entirely at their own risk. Participants acknowledge that sailing involves potential risks. As a condition of their participation in this event, competitors release all claims they may have against Summer Sailstice and its officers, directors, members, committees and employees for damage to property, personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during or after the regatta. participants shall be responsible for damage or injury caused by their actions or breach of applicable governmental rules for the avoidance of collision.
It is up to the skipper to decide whether they should sail or not and to comply with health and Coast Guard guidelines as they apply on Summer Sailstice weekend.
The Summer Sailstice crew looks forward to celebrating sailing ‘with you’ however you decide to sail on the weekend of June 19th.
Sail Safe. Sail Often. Have Fun.