163 Manning Road
Malta, NY 12020
Saratoga Lake Sailing Club will be offering free sails on Saratoga Lake to introduce people to the sport of sailing. Go for a sail on one of our boats ranging from 16 to 23 feet. Each boat will be captained by an experienced sailor, so you can sit back and enjoy the ride or take a turn on the helm.
Our volunteers will also be on hand to answer questions about the club and all of our sailing school offerings for both adults and children.
A few details to help in your planning:
- No experience is necessary. You will be sailing with experienced club members or our sailing school volunteers and staff.
- Sails will last approximately 75 minutes or so. Maybe a little longer if time allows and the wind is nice!
- We will have life jackets available (but please feel free to bring your own if you prefer)
- Please wear non-marking shoes (sneakers are good), and comfortable clothes you wouldn't mind getting wet. (You won't go swimming, but the boats do occasionally get sprayed.) Also remember that it's typically cooler on the water, so dress in layers and be prepared for cooler temperatures.
- Changing rooms are available in our club house.
- We are located on the west shore of Saratoga Lake at 163 Manning Road in Malta. Directions and more details can be found on our website at www.sailsaratoga.org
We will be sailing Saturday at 1PM and 3PM and then again on Sunday at 10AM. Please go to our registration site at: https://campscui.active.com/orgs/SaratogaLakeSailingClub for all the details.